The Clippers Hockey Society wishes to announce some information regarding the society.
First is a list of the current board members:
- Jim Olsen – has lived in Nanaimo for 26 years, working at Fairwinds Golf Course for most of that time. Is a CPA, CMA and FCPA. Has been involved with sponsorship of the Clippers for 15 years and a season ticket member for 5 years. Past Rotarian for 17 years and a board member for various non-profit societies, including currently the VIU Foundation.
- Paul Manhas – has been a business owner in Nanaimo since the early 70’s. Wants to support the society and hockey in Nanaimo.
- Dave Leneveu – current President and Governor of the Nanaimo Clippers and part owner. Former Clipper player and played pro hockey for 11 years. Served on the executive of the PHPA and NHCPA. Business owner now in Nanaimo.
- Colin Haime – resident of Lantzville for 17 years. Is a CPA and CA. Teaches at VIU. Became interested in the fate of the Clippers during the events centre debate. Wants to offer his experience to help the society.
- Graham Calder – Moved to Nanaimo in 1998 with London Life and Freedom 55 as the managing partner. Became involved with the Clippers in 2001 as a billet parent. Billeted for 10 years. Was also involved as a sponsor. The Clippers asked Graham to be the Chairman of the first ever WCC Event Committee. Has also served as the Alternate Governor for the past 4 years.
- Al Brust – Has been involved in volunteering with the Clippers for past 6 years and actively marketing the team for 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons. Fully supports the society model and wants to see it succeed.
- Andrea Trepanier – has been the Controller for the team for the past 7 seasons. Owned a successful oil and gas business in Grande Prairie that grew from a start-up to $88M gross in 6 years and sold to an investment company. Wants to apply those skills to grow the Clippers Hockey Society and make the team financially viable and successful.
Next we would like to call your attention to the new Clippers Website menu Society. Presently under the Society menu you will find links to news items, the bylaws of the society and the certificate of incorporation.