The Nanaimo Clippers Junior A Hockey Club will be holding tryouts on November 11th for the opportunity to play in the Junior A Prep Spring League. This League will provide an opportunity to showcase the prospect player’s abilities and talent to our organization and the other participating Junior Hockey teams
The Clippers will be hosting teams, each of a different age group, to participate in the new Spring League:
- U18 2003 & 2004
- U16 2005 & 2006
The Junior A Prep Spring League runs through April-June 2020. This League will see competition from other Junior A Hockey affiliated teams in showcase style league play. The intention is that we can localize the top players we are hoping to recruit the following season or later, and see these prospects play in a Junior A Hockey atmosphere. This will include one travel tournament, with tours of universities in the North Eastern USA.
You can follow along the teams progress during the spring season on the website: http://www.jshl.ca.
The Clippers’ Spring Program includes the following:
- Coaching by the Nanaimo Clippers staff; you will gain a deeper understanding of the demands and expectations of a high-performance athlete in Junior A Hockey (mental, physical, technical and tactical).
- Full length games. 15-20 games including playoffs run over four weekends from April and ending in early June (see schedules below).
- Showcase weekends will be run across B.C. in four different cities.
- Development ice, including dry land & video sessions.
- Each player will receive a Clippers’ uniform jersey and socks, track suits, and warm-up Clippers’ shirt and shorts.
- League Website with full stats, standings, and player profiles.
- This Junior A Prep Spring League’s intention is to create an environment where players of high calibre can develop and experience the type of league that Junior A Hockey can offer to athletes with the dream of eventually playing NCAA and/or Pro Hockey. This Junior A Prep Spring League is designed to be a stepping stone for players to one-day play in Junior Hockey.
ICE SESSION INFO:
- Next ice sessions will be held at Oceanside Arena.
Monday, November 11 —
U16 – 4:45 – 5:45 PM
U18 – 6:00 – 7:00 PM
To Be Determined.
If you’re interested please register at: HERE