The Nanaimo Clippers Organization welcomes players to our community every year from various parts of Canada and the United States. Their stay varies from one day, to a full season. We like to offer our players the best experience in our City – both on and off the ice, therefore, Host Families play a key role in the success of the Nanaimo Clippers!
By providing a caring, stable and secure home-away-from-home for our players, a nurturing Host Family allows our players to realize their potential and live out their hockey dreams. In addition to sharing their successes throughout the season, Host Families often form long-lasting and rewarding relationships with the players after they complete their stay.
Our coaching staff works hard at identifying young men with not only hockey talent, but strong moral and ethical values as well. For the most part, our players are good people and you should expect the players to be respectful and helpful in your presence and in your home. The Host Coordinators along with the coaching staff try to make the best fit with a family as possible.
What the Host Family provides:
- A private bedroom and closet (and/or private or basement suite).
- Nutritious meals and place to call home.
- A patient, caring, positive and friendly home atmosphere.
- The same guidance and attention you would want for your children,
What the Host Family receives:
- A monthly grocery stipend for each player housed – up to $600/mo. (Gift Card to Thrifty Foods)
- Season Tickets – with all the perks! to all Clippers games for everyone in the immediate family living in the household.
- Invitation to the Year End Banquet and other team events.
- First-hand knowledge of events and happenings with the Nanaimo Clippers.
Housing Dates: AUGUST 2019
- All players will arrive mid-to-late August. This allows for high school or college enrolled players to report to school for registration, as well as for training camp that will begin 3rd week in August 2018.
- Housing will continue through the end of the season, which may last through the end of March and into May.